Tonight was food delivery night and that always means one thing- fish!! I love fish but I am conscious that you will never get the freshest from the supermarket and I think it’s easier to tell with fish rather than meat of it’s fresh so I always make sure I eat fish as soon as I buy it.
It was a bit chilly today and we’re both feeling a tad run down so I thought I would make a proper comfort food meal- baked fish with a chorizo and bean stew. Here it is:
OK so it doesn’t look that appetising does it but I promise you that you would gobble this up in no time and have that lovely satisfied feeling.
Ingredients (serves 2)
2 cod fillets
1 400g can of mixed beans in a tomato sauce
2 inches of chorizo
1/2 a red pepper
2 cloves of garlic
Tablespoon of tomato purée
Teaspoon of paprika
Teaspoon of smoked paprika
Teaspoon of basil
1 small dried chilli
Sprinkle of thyme
Few sprays of frylight
1. Pre-heat the oven and bake the fish according to the packet instructions. I added a sprinkle of salt, pepper, thyme and a spray of frylight.
2. Chop up the chorizo into small chunks and fry with the onion, minced garlic and a few sprays of frylight. This smell is incredible! I adore this combination so much and will eat this pretty much however.
3. Once the onions have turned a lovely shade of red-brown and have softened, add the red pepper and grated carrot. Stir around and allow the carrot to soften and absorb the flavour.
4. Add the beans, tomato purée, paprika, smoked paprika, chopped chilli and basil. Taste the stew and add more paprika if needed.
5. Add half a cup of water (or more if needed) and leave to simmer for about 10 minutes.
6. Serve the stew with the fish on top.
Please try this you won’t regret it. Let me know how it goes.
Jessica x x x