OK so obviously this isn’t actually leek lasagna:
This was tea on Friday night. I had planned to make lasagna with leek sheets rather than pasta sheets but the boyfriend decided he was going home home for a leaving party, so I was left to cook for myself.
Now in these situations I would always usually have prawns seeing as he hates prawns and I adore them. However he only decided he was going away after I had had my dinner of a prawn sandwich with prawn cocktail crisps so you could say I was all prawned out.
Bearing this in mind I thought I’d make myself some good old fashioned comfort food with the contents of the fridge, loosely based on my original planned meal and completely thrown together.
Ingredients – serves 1 VERY hungry person
70g-ish turkey mince
Half an onion
1 chestnut mushroom
Half a pint-ish milk
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
25g strong white cheese
Sprinkle of nutmeg
1. Peel and chop the potato then boil in salted water until tender.
2. Fry the mince with the chopped leek, onion, mushroom and minced garlic.
3. Add the drained boiled potato to the mince mixture and stir to allow the potato to soak up the flavours.
4. Make a quick cheese sauce. Melt the butter in a pan and once melted add the flour. Quickly stir to mix and them slowly add the milk until you’re happy with the quantity and consistency. Sprinkle the nutmeg in. Add the cheese cut up into rough chunks (or grated) and stir the mustard through.
5. Once the cheese has melted add the sauce to the potato and mince mixture and stir through.
6. Serve immediately and preferably with a gin and tonic. It was a Friday after all.
As I kinda just threw this meal together I wasn’t really paying attention to portion sizes and this actually made quite a lot. I intended to leave leftovers for Saturday but I decided to just be greedy and eat the whole thing..maybe that was the gin talking though.
Anyway hope you like my leek lasagna. Give it a go…this is a meal I’ll repeat for the boyfriend once it gets colder…proper comfort food for a rainy day.
Jessica x x x